Friday, 12 February 2016

2015.................into....................2016

Our English Master always told us never to start any written correspondence with an apology. Well I am going to. Actually I am not, as I am already on my third sentence and so this particular piece of written correspondence has already started and with no apology in sight.


Having said that, here it is.................(the apology).......


I am sorry.


"What for?" you ask, quite understandably.
"For not having written anything for what seems like an age....?"...................No, although for that my contrition is boundless. No. I am apologising for not fishing at all in 2015 and thus having nothing to write about.


I think I have done this before - the-apology-for-not-fishing-thing - but it has been so long since I have actually been fishing and therefore had the ingredients off of which to draw inspiration for a written account, that I really can't remember. I am sure I have though.


Still. All that is about to change.


In 2016 I am going to fish.


As I write this in January I have booked my spot for March 1st on the Taw; I have a day booked at Wimbleball on 18th March; I have another day booked at Hawkridge on 1st April and I have a day booked at Blagdon on 2nd April. All this Spring fishing is then rounded off nicely with a week on the Tay at the end of April. How's that for planning eh?


During 2016 Vicky is going to catch a trout and if I have my way so is Harrison. If I can facilitate a favourable conclusion to these two quests and catch a salmon and a few trout myself, then that would constitute a successful season.


Watch this space...................................................










..............................................not literally or you will get headaches and see strange lights in front of your eyes when eventually you stop.


Chin chin.